Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It's a Small World.

QUOTE from Justin Timberlake and Pete Bungum:: ""Golf" is the only four-letter word I don't say when I'm playing it."

Once again I LEARNED it's a small world. This morning I took my morning walk around our mobile home court. I walked by a lady who was looking for something in her car. I saw she had Minnesota license plates so I said "Good Morning" and asked where she was from in Minnesota.
She answered, "I'm from near Rochester."
I said, "Well, I'm from near Rochester also. My home town is Chatfield."
She said, "I'll be darned, I'm from Chatfield also."

Anyway, we had a good talk about Chatfield. Her name is Alisha Swift, divorced, two kids, ages 12 and 9, lives on Fillmore street, has several tattoos, and works at a daycare center located by the intersection of highways 30 and 52. She is originally from Monticello which is ten miles north of Anamosa. Her best friend from high school lives right behind us and that's why she comes to Anamosa every 2-3 months.

She was well acquainted with the big green house I lived in from 1952 to 1958 in Chatfield. She lives a couple of blocks from my old home. We talked about how Chatfield is such a nice community. We both agreed it is so clean and has  good streets and nice housing with no slummy areas and a great city park.

I wanted to talk to her longer but her friend came and she was ready to go so that was the end of the conversation. I wanted to ask her if she knew Jerry and Elsie Narveson and some others but time ran out before I could do it.

It is a small world.

HUMOR for today comes from the HAGAR THE HORRIBLE comic strip.

Hagar is walking his dog when he he is stopped by an elderly lady who comments to Hagar, "That sir, is a very ugly little mongrel"

Hagar responds: "I mean you no disrespect, Madame...but have you checked out your mirror lately."

No comments:

Post a Comment