Monday, August 12, 2013

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,564. Great weekend.

Today is Monday, August 12, 2013. My stats today: 10 Minutes of yoga, 10 minutes lifting weights and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for an August total of 16 miles. My weight was 164.2 pounds. My THOUGHTS today are about the weekend I had. Our Chatfield class of 1958 had our 55th class reunion on Saturday at Jac's Bar and Grill in Chatfield. We graduated with 58 kids, 11 have passed away - we only had 25 at the reunion, including spouses. It is kind of sad that so few come. There are probably 15-20 classmates who have never attended a reunion. The last time we saw them was graduation night on June 5, 1958. And to make matters worse many of them live in the area. I guess they have their reasons - there must have been something(s) that happened during their school days that left a bitter taste in their mouth. Ruth Ann has been having bladder problems so she didn't want to be put in an uncomfortable situation and decided not to attend. Anyway, I went by myself and stayed with Jerry and Elsie Narveson, our longtime friends from seventh grade on. After the reunion we went to the city park for some live music, ice cream, visits with old friends, my brother Mark (Margie), my old band instructor (Curt Peterson), at 5pm we went to the live play SPAMALOT. And then we went to Jerry and Elsie's rural home for a couple beers and Elsie's potato salad (made with Jerry's homegrown potatoes), bean hot dish, and pulled pork sandwiches. We visited until midnight. Sunday morning at 9am we went to ecumenical church service at the auditorium. I headed for home about 10:30. I had a great time. I always enjoy their company so much. Jerry and I have so many memories from our high school athletic days and from knowing each other since seventh grade. And it was Jerry and Elsie that got Ruth Ann and I connected in the first place at the end of 10th grade. Plus, the four of used to double date - and Elsie and Ruth Ann were the best of friends from 4th grade on. So we have a lot of memories. (Elsie and Ruth Ann say our athletic exploits get better and bigger every year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment