Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Jones County Iowa GOP voters have onle one candidate to vote for

Today is Wednesday, 2016. I've walked 42.5 miles in March and weigh 165.2 pounds.

My QUOTE for today is from actress. Viola Davis: "I've never determined my value based on my looks or anything physical. I've been through a lot in life, and what has gotten me through is strength of character and faith."

My topic today is the Jones County GOP party platform. On March 12, 2016, the Jones County Republicans and Democrats had their county conventions. On March 24 their platforms were published in the Anamosa Journal-Eureka. The GOP platform caught my attention and that is what I'm writing commenting about today.

The first entry in the GOP platform was entitled STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES. Here is what it said: A half-truth is a whole lie. We must expect honorable behavior from leaders. We need a system to remove from leadership those who are untrustworthy. I agree with the statement but who are the GOP voters going to vote for?

I don't think they can vote for either Trump or Cruz. Trump calls Cruz "Lying Ted." And one political analyst said Trump tells one lie every five minutes. If either one is elected they would have to be removed because they accuse each other of being untrustworthy. That definitely is not "honorable behavior."

Another Republican named Georg W. Bush lied the U.S. into invading Iraq in 2002-2003. He lied  when he said Saddam Hussein was trying to buy nuclear material from Niger. He lied again when he said Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. He lied again when he famously said "Mission Accomplished."

The result of this unnecessary, ill-advised and idiotic war are as follows:
1. 4486 dead American soldiers;
2. estimates of the Iraq War dollar costs are - around $2 trillion plus $490 billion in benefits owed to war veterans we'll be paying for many decades - so it could grow to $6 trillion over the next four decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment