Thursday, March 31, 2016

Liberal Supreme Court - we need one.

Today is Thursday, March 31, 2016. I've walked 44 miles in March and weighed 165 pounds.

My quote today is from Tyler Burdick of NYC: "A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected."

My topic today is the Supreme Court vacancy: I get a kick out of the TV announcement supporting Senator Grassley on why he should continue to block the Obama's nominee to the Supreme Court. What makes me shake my head is they say they do not want a "liberal" on the Court.

Well, I tell you what! If we had had a liberal majority on the Supreme Court we wouldn't be suffering through the Citizens United decision which is a disaster for our democracy. That decision has opened the floodgates to the unlimited number of dollars corporations (the ONE %ers) can now pour into our elections. They are corrupting our whole system of electing government leaders.

The other decision the conservative Supreme Court made was to gut the VOTING RIGHTS  ACT of 1965. As soon as the conservative Court made that decision the GOP controlled state governments  starting passing voter suppression laws. In particular making it more difficult for African-Americans, Latinos and college students to vote - all of which tend to vote for Democrats.

Aren't "conservatives" the most wonderful Americans? They really care about fairness and justice and democracy in America!!!!!  They make me sick!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment