Thursday, October 6, 2011

How the Marine's view the Army.

QUOTE from fro Albert Einstein: "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing grear power, war is inevitable."


Yesterday I had the privilege of talking to a real gung-ho U.S. Marine. He had served two deployments to Iraq from 2005 to 2007. He was in the thick of things in the battle for Ramadi.

I asked him what the Marine's had to say about the Army guys. His answers made me have a good laugh. He had two answers:

1. To a Marine the word Army means, "Ain't Ready (for) Marines Yet.

2. And #2 is, "Ain't Real Men Yet."

He told us that his HumVee hit an IED and the vehicle flew in the air and tipped over. He was the only one to be wounded. He said, "As we were driving down the highway I had a feeling we were going to hit an IED. So instead of sitting upright in my seat I slipped down in my seat as I had this knot in my stomach telling me we were going hit one. Sure enough, in a few seconds our HumVee was flying in the air."

He was knocked unconscious by the noise of the exploding IED and he got some scrapnel wounds. He felt that the thing that saved his life was his slipping down in his seat at the last second. Most of the scrapnel went over his head. He said his battalian lost 14 men in his two tours.

He also said his Mother was watching FOX news one night and they were showing Marines sweeping through this town and the Marines were busting doors down to make entry to the homes of suspected terrorists. The guy busting down the door was him, Brandon Yeisley, of Springville, Iowa. His Mom recognized him right away. What a shocker for Mom.

He was fun to talk to and very open about what he did over there. He got out of the Marines and then decided he liked the USMC so much that he volunteered to go back in. They wouldn't take him back because they had their limit. I'd say the Marines made a mistake by not taking back a dedicated gung-ho man like this.

HUMOR for today: Being 'over the hill' is much better than being under it.

No comments:

Post a Comment