Friday, November 26, 2010

November 26, 2010

A quote from Eleanor Roosevelt: YOU MUST DO THE THING YOU THINK YOU CANNOT DO.



This quote kind of makes me think about myself and starting this blog. I didn't think I could do this. But with son Brad and daughter Carron's help and niece Jane's encouragement I'm on the way. Thank You Brad, Carron and Jane for getting me on the blog road.



I'm going to start with a "day brightener" story. I was walking at Walmart the other morning when a nine year old boy stopped me and asked if I knew where he could find the sour creme. I led him to the sour creme and he says to me, "Thank you very much and you have a good day." I couldn't believe those words coming from a nine year old. When I took my next lap he stopped me again and asked if I knew where the bottled water was. I pointed to the bottled water and he picked up two gallon jugs. Then we walked to the check-out together and I asked him what his name was. He answered, "My name is Robert." I told him my name was Peter and he says, "I'm pleased to meet you Peter." I was thinking to myself that this was one very polite and respectful young boy. His mother was waiting for him at the check-out so I told her that she had a remarkable son and she should be proud he is so polite and respectful. I told Robert the same thing and he says, "Thank you Peter." Mother thanked me with a big smile and said, "We have tried to raise him the right way." I believe I brightened Robert's day and his mother's day by taking time to express my feelings to them. And it made me feel good to see the smile on both their faces.

1 comment:

  1. Uncle Pete,

    Nice move on the Blog. Can't believe MN beat the Hawkeyes! Sammy was happy to see ND beat USC. He'll be grateful to be going to a bowl game with the band, most likely Champ Sports Bowl in Orlando at the end of Dec.

    ReplyDelete