Saturday, June 4, 2011

Some interesting numbers= 9, 203, and 13.

QUOTE from a Guideposts reader: "I try to end each day saying, 'I am glad I did,' rather than, 'I wish I had.'" (I really like this quote. It sure makes for a more enjoyable and relaxing evening when I can tell myself that.)


My latest issue of TIME was in the mail yesterday. I always read the World Briefing segment. In that segment TIME has  a section called "World by the Numbers." I LEARNED the significance of three numbers that were part of the world's activities this past week or two. The numbers were 9, 203, and 13.

Number 9 had to do with Saudi Arabia.  A Saudi Arabian woman was in prison for 9 days for circulating a video of herself driving a car; women are barred from getting behind the wheel in Saudi Arabia. (At least the men in Saudi Arabia don't have to get ticked off about "those damn women drivers.")

Number 203 came from North Korea. The North Korean government said it did a survey on global happiness amomg the world's 203 countries. According to the North Korean survey the happiest people in the world lived in China and second happiest lived in North Korea. The North Korean survey went on to say that the least happy people lived  in the U.S. They ranked us at number 203. WOW! (Now I understand why I'm having dreams about moving to China or North Korea - Thank God I LEARNED this - it is finally starting to make sense.)

Number 13 came from Syria. Thirteen was the age of a boy who was tortured and killed by security forces of President Bashar Assad, evidenced by a shocking video. (I wonder how Syria ranked in that North Korean survey.")

GRATITUDE JOURNAL: In 2009 I wrote a Gratitude Journal. I expressed my gratitude to many of the people and things that have enhanced my life in some way. Every day I check to see who/what I expressed my gratitude to two years ago on the same date. I just looked at it now and on May 4, 2009, I expressed my gratitude to TIME magazine for enhancing my life by enabling me to keep LEARNING and THINKING. . It was pure coincidence.

HUMOR for today: I found this rather humorous - also from the latest TIME.
Brad Pitt, in an interview with USA Today, explained how he and Angelina Jolie make time for themselves while caring for six children. Pitt said, 'There are no secrets at our house. We tell the kids, "Mom and Dad are going off to kiss."'
His kids reply, 'Eww, gross!' And rightly so.
(I wonder if that would've worked with Brad and Carron?)

No comments:

Post a Comment