Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Spiritual Bucket List

QUOTE from Guideposta reader Shirley Wood of Oklahoma: "Worry is pulling tomorrow's clouds over today's sunshine."

Yesterday I wrote about having a Bucket List - in other words things to do, see, and experience before it's time for the Pearley Gates. Today I want to share what I LEARNED from my brother Don about another kind of Bucket List.. He sent this to me a year ago. This one is serious and is really something all of us Senior Citizens should do something about.

The information was entitled "A Spiritual Bucket List." It is a form to be filled out before we get senile and don't know what the hell we're doing. And copies should be made and each of our kids should get a copy and any others you think need or would want one.

Here is the "Spiritual Bucket List." I'll copied it word-for-word.

YOUR NAME_______________________________
These persons should be notified upon my death: 1.____2.____3.____4.____5.____6.____and....
My choice of mortuary is:________________
Regarding visitation: Yes____No____  Night before____ Day of____
I prefer: Cremation____  Traditional with casket____
I prefer: Funeral with casket___  Memorial service without____
Other:_______________
My preferred choice of burial is:_______________________________
My choice of church and pastor:_______________________________
My favorite scripture readings include: 1,____2.____3.____4.____5.___and...
My favorite hymns include: 1.____2.____3.____4.____5.____and...
My favorite soloists are:_________________________________
My preference for memorials include:_________________________
Here are some thoughts I think important to express at my funeral or words of comfort for those who mourn my death:____________________________________________________________________and...
Other information for my obituary:
Birth place_____________
Lived at_______________________________________
Worked at______________________________________
Belonged to_____________________________________
Avocations were_________________________________
Other information________________________________


HUMOR for today:
Q. What do you get when you cross an insomniac, an agnostic, and a dyslexic?

A. Someone who lies awake all night long, wondering if there really is a Dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment