Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A DVD we should all see.

QUOTE from Pete Bungum and Clint Eastwood: "The reason, in my retirement, I haven't turned into a couch potato is that I want to learn something new every day. The brain has to be exercised the same as the rest of the body. It's about expanding, constantly pushing yourself."

So what did I LEARN today? I LEARNED a lot about the causes of our recession. My son Brad told me about a film that was made explaining how the global economic crisis of 2008 was created (he saw it on a plane ride to the U.S.) The name of the documentary film is "INSIDE JOB" and is narrated by Matt Damon. It was not shown at theaters but was shown at film festivals in Cannes, Telluride, Toronto and New York. I found a DVD copy at Menards the other day, it costs $20.00.

INSIDE JOB exposes the shocking truth behind the economic crisis of 2008. Through extensive research and interviews with major financial insiders, politicians and journalists (many of those involved in creating the crisis refused to be interviewed). The film traces the rise of a rogue industry and unveils the corrosive relationships which have corrupted politics, regulations and academia. It takes us through all five presidents since the 1980s and the role each played in bringing about this crisis; the five presidents include Reagan, H.W. Bush, Clinton, G.W. Bush and Obama.

I've viewed it once and am going to watch it again or maybe three times. It is not political and treats all five presidents in a very nonpartisan manner. If you readers get a chance to buy a copy you would be doing yourself a favor. You will learn so much about the truth of our financial mess. If you do buy a copy then share it with as many people as you can.

I would like to have every American see this documentary film. I grarantee it will make you furious about what money, greed and deregulation has done to America.


HUMOR for today. Sigmund Freud said. "I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment