Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pete's Revised BLOG - Day 3.

Today is Sunday, March 11, 2012. It is the 26,012th day of my journey on planet earth. I weighed in at 163 pounds. My goal is to remain between 159 and 165 pounds so I accomplished that goal today. Another goal I have is to wear a 32" belt for the rest of my life. In 2002 I was only five pounds shy of 200 pounds and was up to a 34" belt. On my birthday(November 20)that year I made the decision to lose weight - I wanted to get below 170 and back to a 32 belt. For the next 8 months I increased my daily excercis time to over an hour and started eating 5 small meals a day - I'd eat about every 3 hours (I learned that from the Mayo Clinic newslatter I was getting at that time.) By July, 2003 I finally saw the scale register 169 pounds. I've pretty much stayed at the 166-169 range until 3 months ago. When I crept over 170 pounds in November I told myself I should lose 5-10 more pound so I don't ever hit 170 again. So in the last 3 months I've finally gotten below 165 and intend to stay there. I'm tempted to shoot for 159 or less and see what I look like and how I feel. My doctor told me to not lose too much.

In my introduction to this new BLOG I said I wanted to continue expressing my gratitude to certain people or things. Yesterday I did Miss Barton from my seventh and grade math class in Chatfield, Minnesota. Today I want to mention several other teachers who made an impression on me. Some other junior high teachers I had were Miss Antonson (english and social studies) and Miss Flynn (english). I simply have good memories of them because they were good teachers and nice people. I enjoyed going to their classes. The third one was the music teacher, Miss Fawcett. She was another kind, caring person and made music class fun. And one more I'm grateful to is Wayne Stephens, my industrial arts teacher for seventh and eighth grade. He was simply s good teacher - that's why I remember him. I'm grateful to all four of them for giving me good memories of junior high.

One funny memory I have from eighth grade art class is because of Joe Hackett, the teacher. In his art class one day we weren't paying close enough attention. I was sitting next to my friend, Bob Lynch. Bob was turned sideways in his desk when all of a sudden his face was full of chalk dust. Mr. Hackett had thrown a dirty eraser at Bob and had a perfect hit to the side of Bob's face. He was covered with chalk from his left temple to his chin. That was realy a good throw - it was perfect. I don't know if Joe was a pitcher in baseball - if he wasn't he should've been. By the way, Bob quit talking and paid attention for the rest of period. I still laugh about that when I think about it. (I think Joe left after one year.)

That's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment