Friday, July 5, 2013

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,526. I'm tired - I'm not a younster anymore.

Today is Friday, July 5, 2013. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of lifting weights and 37 minutes of walking = 2.0 miles for a July total of 11.5 miles. My weight was 163.6 pounds.

QUOTE from LIFE'S LITTLE INSTRUCTION BOOK: "Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power, prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect."

My THOUGHTS today are that I'm tired and I'm finally realizing that I'm not in my 20s or 30s or 40s anymore. For the last couple of weeks I've been doing a lot of physical labor - like covering Carron's kitchen, hallways and bathroom with plywood - she has a 35 year old mobile home and the floor was starting to give in a few places. I asked a guy that works for the mobile home court what I should do about it and he said to cover it with plywood and then  cover the plywood with tile or linoleum or carpet. So that is what I did. Carron is laying the tile and doing a great job. It looks like a different house.

Then I've been doing a bunch of physical jobs around our house - such as digging out dead plants, cutting down overgrown shrubs, replacing five year old mulch with over 1000 pounds of red-lava rock and pea gravel in another area. Those bags weight 50 pounds and this old man can't handle them like I used to. The good thing is everything is looking great and Ruth Ann is happy and so am I.

The bottom line is this 72-year-old body feels tired and my mind can only think of taking a nap which is what I'm going to do right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment