Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,549;. Ignoble Prizes Since 1991.

Today is Sunday, July 26, 2013. No Stats today - my Jule total miles is 49.9 miles. My weight today was 162.0 pounds. My THOUGHTS today comes from my bathroom book entitled, THE NEW BOOK OF LISTS (The original compendium of curious information.) The LIST entitled "21 IGNOBLE PRIZES" made me laugh. In 1991 some people started the "The Ignoble Prize Award Ceremony." The winners have all done things that are ridiculous and make people laugh, but then they kind of make them think, a little anyway. Here are a couple examples: In 1999, the MEDICINE prize went to Dr. Arvid Vatle of Stard, Norway, for collecting, classifying, and contemplating which kinds of containers his patients chose when submitting urine samples. The research paper was published in the Journal of the Norwegian Medical Association. In 1999, the CHEMISTRY prize went to Takeshi Makino, president of the Safety Detective Agency in Osaka, Japan, for his work on S-Check, an infidelity spray that wives can apply to their husband's underwear. Do you see what I mean when I say ridiculous - make you laugh - and then maybe make you think a little. I enjoy this kind of ridiculous stuff - makes me laugh

No comments:

Post a Comment