Monday, July 15, 2013

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,536. Love life of rhinos.

Today is Monday, July 15, 2013. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes lifting weights and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a July total of 31 miles. My weight was 162.4 pounds. My THOUGHTS today have to do with something I read in the book entitled THE BOOK OF LISTS. It is my bathroom book and is full of interesting trivia. So I'm going to share something I learned about the mating habits of rhinos - quite interesting to say the least. Not surprising, rhino mating is a dangerous business. As the female enters her mating period, her vulva swells and she makes shrill whistling noises in the prescense of a male. He responds with deep, heaving sighs. Next, he charges her head-on, and she meets the attack. Again and again they rush each other, bellowing with anger and butting fiercely. They continue for an hour, risking serious injury. If the female finally decides the male is worthy, she presents her rear to him, he enters her with his two-foot-long penis. He remains mounted for over an hour, ejaculating every ten minutes. So now you know how rhinos make love - it is not the most romantic way I've read about. I'll do a few more love stories about other animals if there is a big demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment