Friday, February 11, 2011

A different definition of BITCH.

QUOTE from Madonna: "Sometimes you have to be a bitch to get things done."

I've LEARNED a new definition of the word "BITCH. I bought a book at Barnes and Noble titled "The Quotable BITCH." The title of the book aroused my curiosity so I looked it over and told myself that this looks very interesting. So I bought it and have really enjoyed reading it. It has given me a new persective on the word BITCH. I'm going to use the words in the introduction to explain.

The introduction states: What kind of world do we live in when a MAN who stands up for what he believes in is automatically considered a strong leader, confident in his ways - a real go-getter - and a WOMAN who speaks her mind is considered pushy, a trouble starter, a well, okay....a real BITCH? Ladies, being that kind of a BITCH isn't a bad thing. It's time to embrace this word for what it's worth.

To be frank, a BITCH is a woman who is unafraid to tell it like it is, to bluntly and honestly call out the shortcomings or injustices of the world and those around her. In this book, you'll find the voices of women from all walks of life who have done just that - from Susan B. Anthony (19th century civil rights activist), to Sarah Silverman (comedian), to Bette Milder (singer), to Bette Davis (actress), to Joan Rivers (TV personality and comedian), to Madonna (singer), to Patricia Schroeder (congresswoman), to Althea Gibson (tennis pro), to Nancy Pelosi (congresswoman), .........and hundreds of others.

So sit back and read this book, pour yourself a glass of whine- er, wine - and get ready to embrace and fully appreciate the inner bitch you know and love. Whatever you prefer to call it - supreme confidence, and unapologetic attitude - take pride in the knowledge that you, too, can be a BITCH.

(Pete's comment: I recommend this book - for both men and women. It will make a man think differently about this word and it will make a woman feel good about this word. Plus it is funny as hell.)

1 comment:

  1. I have read this book and it IS funny as hell!! Another definition of the word that I heard a while back: Babe In Total Control of Herself. The first capital letters of the words make up the word "bitch." Makes sense to me!! And, if this is truly the case, I prefer to be a bitch every day!

    ReplyDelete