Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Your car dealer wo't tell you...

QUOTE from the THE QUOTABLE BITCH by Mae West on Jayne Mansfield, actresses. " I don't know anything about her except the common gossip I heard. When it comes to men I heard she never turns anything down except the bedcovers."

What I LEARNED about buying a car. I read this in the Reader's Digest - I found it interesting. It was titled ..."Your Car Dealer Won't Tell You"...

- That car we advertised at the unbelievable price? It's a stripped-down model with a manual transmisson, no air conditioning, and crank windows. But we got you in, didn't we?
- The best time to buy is at the end of the month, and it's best to negotiate the trade-in separately. Negotiate up from from the invoice price (what we paid for the car, easy to find on the Web), not down from the sticker price.
-To get a great price with minimal haggling, call and ask for the internet manager or fleet manager.
- Once I'm sitting behind the desk, you'll feel like I'm in control and may be willing to pay a little more. (We learn this during training.)
- Ever wonder about those ads that promise a minimum $3,000 trade-in value for your clunker? Those dealerships also pad the sales price to make up for the difference.
- Notice how many times we go back and forth to our manager? The loud music, the gongs, and the blaring flat-screen TVs? All are distractions designed to help you lose track of what we're doing with the deal.
- We all get our cars from the same place at roughly the same price. So if one dealer is offering to sell it for $2,000 less, there's probably a catch.
- We're making less money on the car than you think. Our profit margin is typically 2 to 4 percent.

HUMOR for today: THE SENILITY PRAYER: God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to check it out.
    I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
    Outstanding blog and superb design.

    Look at my blog - ERROR: Cache Access Denied

    ReplyDelete