Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The third C of Lee Iacocca's C list for leadership.

QUOTE from Andrew Carnegie: "No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself, or to get all the credit for doing it."


Today I'm writing what I LEARNED about Lee Iacocca's third C in his list of nine traits of leadership. The third C is a leader has to be able to COMMUNICATE. Lee said, " I'm not talking about running off at the mouth or spouting sound bites. I'm talking about facing reality and telling the truth. That is, telling the truth even when it's painful." Not all of our Presidents have done that.

The fourth C starts with the letters CH _ _ _ _ _ _ _  and is nine letters long. Can you guess? I'll tell you tomorrow.

HUMOR for today has to do with baseball quotes from former major leaguers and other famous people. These came from the March issue of the AARP Bulletin

"I watch a lot of baseball on radio." - Gerald Ford
" Bob Gibson is the luckiest pitcher I ever saw. He always pitches when the other team doesn't score any runs." - Tim McCarver
"I never took the game home with me. I always left it in some bar." - Bob Lemon
"After Jackie Robinson, the most famous black in baseball history is Reggie Jackson." - Reggie Jackson
"Well, it took me 17 years to get 3,000 hits in baseball, and I did it in one afternoon on the golf course." - Hank Aaron
"Aw, how could he lose the ball in the sun? He's from Mexico." - Harry Caray
"All I remember about my wedding day in 1967 is that the Cubs lost a doubleheader." - George F. Will
"A man once told me to walk with the Lord. I'd rather walk with the bases loaded." - Ken Singleton
"I'd be willing to bet you, if I was a betting man, that I have never bet on baseball." - Pete Rose
"Lasorda's standard reply when some new kid would ask directions to the whirlpool was to tell him to stick his foot in the toilet and flush it." - Steve Garvey
"He looks like a greyhound, but he runs like a bus." - George Brett on third baseman Jamie Quirk
"Playing third base ain't so bad if nothin' is hit to you." - Yogi Berra
"The baseball mania has runs its course. It has no future as a professional endeavor." - Cincinnati Gazette editorial, 1879

No comments:

Post a Comment