Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,414. Fun day tomorrow - colonoscopy

Today is Thursday, March 14, 2013. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the ball and 37 minutes of walking = 2.0 miles for a March total of 30.5 miles. My weight was 162.2 pounds.

QUOTE from Jim Doyne: " The most difficult instrument to play well is the second fiddle."

My THOUGHTS  today are what I'm been thinking about all week (and surprisingly, it's not medical bills). I have a colonoscopy tomorrow at 10:30 AM. The preparation is much worse than the actual procedure. For instance:
- Last Saturday I had to quit taking my baby aspirin and fish oil pill.
- On Monday I had to quit eating any of the following: fruit skins, fresh fruits, dried fruits, seeds, corn, popcorn, all vegetables, raisins and nuts. It ain't been easy because I eat 4-6 fruits a day, 4-6 vegetables a day, and a handfull of mixed nuts two times a day.

So the big prep day has arrived. Between 4 - 6 this afternoon I will take 4 Dulcolax tablets.
At 6 PM I start drinking the purge solution - it is a 1 gallon jug.

I've had two before so it is not new to me. Anyway, 24 hours from now I should be  done - and then back to my fruits, veggies and nuts.



No comments:

Post a Comment