Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,430. Deadly SIN #1.

Today is Saturday, March 30, 2013. My stats today" 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the ball and 37 minutes of walking = 2.0 miles for a March total of 57.6 miles. My weight was 161.4 pounds.

QUOTE from Jim Doyne: "The person who brags that they have a perfect head on their shoulders often have a point there."

My THOUGHTS  today come from the latest edition of the Reader's Digest. I found this article extremely interesting. The article was about the Seven Deadly Sins  as identified by Pope Gregory some 1,400 years ago. But modern science has revealed a silver lining in each one of them. I found it so interesting I want to write about what the silver lining is in each of the seven.Today, I will write about #1 which is WRATH -  DEFINED AS VERY GREAT ANGER, RAGE.

The bad side of wrath is that chronic suppression of anger can cause high blood pressure, heart disease, depression, and sleep disorders.

However, the silver lining of wrath is that it can also have a positive career impact. Research shows wrath can fuel ambition, sway negotiations, instill a sense of control, and confer higher status, whereas those who bottle up their frustration are up to three times more likely to admit to being disappointed and hitting a glass ceiling.

And it can be a life saver for married folks because a U. of Michigan study showed that couples that regularly got problems off their chests lived longer than those who internalized them. (Now I know why Ruth Ann and I are still married after 52 years - we weren't very good at internalizing - so I guess a good old blow-out every so often isn't so bad after all. It helps you live longer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment