Friday, April 12, 2013

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,443.Two Iowans-one gets a + and the other gets a -

Today is Friday, April, 12, 2013. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of lifting weights and 51 minutes of walking = 2.8 miles for an April total of 25.8 miles. My weight was 161.6 pounds.

Inspiring QUOTE from OUR IOWA magazine: "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If love what you are doing, you will be successful."

My THOUGHTS today are on two guys from Iowa -  I like one of them and have little or no love for the other.
Yesterday a professional golfer from Cedar Rapids shot a 3 under 69 in the first round of the Master's. His name is Zach Johnson and he won the Master's in 2007. I hope he does it again. Zach is a class guy and makes all Iowans proud. He is my + guy today.

Yesterday, the U.S Senate voted 68-31 to debate a bill that would expand background checks for gun purchases beyond already-required commercial sales and possibly private transactions as well. Our two Senators split their vote - Senator Harkin was for and Grassley was against. My respect for Grassley has taken a nosedive since Obama was elected. I thought he had an open mind and would split from his party at times - but he hasn't. He's turned into a right-wing wimp. I thought he would actually vote for this measure and I was very disappointed he didn't have the guts to do it. So Grassley - you are my - guy today.

1 comment:

  1. I am no longer certain where you're getting your information, however great topic. I needs to spend some time studying much more or figuring out more. Thank you for fantastic info I was looking for this info for my mission.

    Check out my web site :: legal ecstasy

    ReplyDelete