Friday, April 19, 2013

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,449. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Today is Thursday, April 18, 2013. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the ball and 41 minutes of walking = 2.2 miles for April total of 37.0 miles. My weight was 163.4 pounds. (I'm getting fat - time to watch my calorie intake again.)

Inspiring QUOTE from OUR IOWA magazine. "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."

My THOUGHTS today are on the Boston Marathon tragedy on Monday. I watched the interfaith service held in Boston this morning. It is wonderful how Americans of different faiths can do this - there are many countries where something like this would never happen. It was inspiring to listen to the clergy from all the faiths and inspiring to listen to the mayor of Boston, Governor Patrick and President Obama. There was similarity in their messages and they all said Boston will persevere and rebound better than ever.

All I can say is I'm grateful to live in a country where we have a constitution that allows this to happen. All Americans pull together when we've been wronged.

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

No comments:

Post a Comment