Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pete's BLOG: Day 26,670. This is one happy day for Pete and Ruth Ann

Today is Tuesday, December 10, 2013. No stats today: My total miles for December = 18.5 miles. My weight today was 166.6 pounds.

QUOTE for today from actress Ingrid Bergman: "HAPPINESS IS GOOD HEALTH AND A BAD MEMORY."

My THOUGHTS today are on Ingrid Bergman's QUOTE. According to the QUOTE I hit a home run this morning. The bad memory part is a given - that has deteriorated since age 49 just like Bill Cosby said it would. The good health part got a boost this morning at Doctor Vernon's office.

Since about November 30 I have been experiencing bloody stools. It was fresh blood every morning and enough blood to make the toilet water turn red (I actually took photos to have proof in case I went to the doctor.) My BMs had become very hard and large and it was a strain to do the job. I probably had eaten too much cheese and summer sausage on crackers while watching the Hawks beat Nebraska on November 28th. Anyway the bloody stools started after that and they have continued. I called for a doctor's appointment on Saturday and got in today at 9:10.

After giving Dr. Vernon the history of the blood and showing him the wonderful photos he agreed I may have eaten too much cheese (with a smile on his face). So he told me to drop my drawers and put his finger up my rectum. It was not comfortable but the good news was it showed no blood and he could feel nothing abnormal. Dr. Vernon is pretty sure that by getting constipated and being extra large that I had torn some tissue in the colon and that was causing the blood. I told him I had been on prunes for two days and they were helping. His advice was to continue the prunes and not to eat any more cheese (he was smiling again) until January 1st when I would be tailgating in Tampa where the Hawks will beat LSU in the Outback Bowl. We are  going to Tampa on January 29 and come home on January 2.

I'm obviously very HAPPY today because: I do not have colon cancer; I will not have surgery; I will not have to have a bag because my colon is gone; Hopefully, I will not have to take any more photos of my bloody stools; Ruth Ann is extremely happy that I don't have cancer; and I'm relieved that it is nothing serious. As Ingrid said:  HAPPINESS IS GOOD HEALTH AND A BAD ___???_____. (What was that she said?)

No comments:

Post a Comment