Friday, December 6, 2013

Pete's BLOG: Gifr #30 - I helped a 9 year-old girl have a happier Christmas

Today is Friday, December 6, 2013, My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes lifting weights and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a December total of 13.5 miles. My weight was 165.4 pounds.

My THOUGHT today is on Gift # 30. I finished my 29 gifts in 29 days yesterday. It actually took me about 36 days to do it but I made it. But I was still in the giving mode this morning when walking inside Walmart. Walmart has a giving tree with probably 100 little green tags on it. Each tag has the name and age of a child in need and suggestions on what they want for Christmas. I picked the one that said Melissa, age nine, who wanted a crafts kit to make bracelets, necklaces, etc. So I found a crafts kit for $10.00 and got it for her.  The Walmart cashier charged me for it and said you don't have to wrap it as Walmart will do it for me and they would make sure it got to Melissa. That was nice of them. I feel good that I will make Melissa have a happier Christmas. And better yet she will never know who got it for her.

 Giving 29 gifts in 29 days(I should say 36 days) has been a great experience for me. It made me think everyday of what my gift would be for that day. When you have a project like this it makes a person think positive. It gave me great joy to think that I was making other people feel good and would have a happier day as a result of my giving. This is what life should be about - making other people feel better and happier. It is true - "It is better to give than to receive."

No comments:

Post a Comment