Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pete's BLOG: Day 26,684. I'm grateful for Christmas Eve

Today is Tuesday, December 24, 2013 - Christmas Eve. The temperature at 6 AM was 16 degrees below zero. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the ball and 45 minutes of walking inside Walmart = 2.5 miles for a December total of 46.5 miles. My weight was 166.6 pounds.

QUOTE from Victoria Osteen: "There is no better way to enjoy God's abundance than to share a meal together with people you love. From the beginning of time, there have been few things that knit us more closely together as humans than to sit down and share a meal."

My THOUGHTS today are on Christmas eve. This post is what I wrote in my Gratitude Journal on December 24, 2009.

Both Ruth Ann and I came from families that opened gifts on Christmas eve - it made it easier when we got married - it was one less decision we had to make. As a child it was the most exciting day of the year. I always got a lot of gifts - the least favorite was clothes while my favorites were toys and games. As I became an adult some of the excitement wore off but it was still so much fun when I saw the excitement of Brad and Carron and in recent years, the grandchildren. Santa Claus was never a big thing in the Bungum household - Mom and Dad taught us nine kids early on that Christmas was to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. I'm grateful to have such wonderful memories of the 69 (now 73) Christmas Eves I've had in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment