Saturday, December 18, 2010

Chritsmas letters.

QUOTE from Lord Chesterfield: KNOW THE VALUE OF TIME; SNATCH, SEIZE, AND ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF IT. NO IDLENESS, NO LAZINESS. NO PROCRASTINATION; NEVER PUT OFF TILL TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN DO TODAY.

GRATITUDE today. This is the season for Christmas cards and letters from family and friends. I look forward to it every year. According to my research the custom of sending Christmas letters did not become popular until the 1970s. Many of the letters contain photos of the family - they are as enjoyable as the letter. It is also fun to look over our year and compose our own letter. The job of writing our letter has fallen into my hands in recent years. This year I wrote about 2010 being our 50th anniversary. So I explained how we celebrated.

We have kept copies of all our Christmas letters and I like to look them over before I start composing the new one. My favorite letter is the one daughter Carron wrote in 1979 - it was a riot - she is a good writer with a wonderful sense of humor.

I'm grateful for Christmas letters. It is another one of those little things that make life enjoyable.

HUMOR today:

Nancy Astor: "Winston, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your coffee."

Winston Churchill: "Nancy, if you were my wife, I'd drink it."

No comments:

Post a Comment