Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day brighterer for Esther

QUOTE from Terry Pratchett: WISDOM COMES FROM EXPERIENCE. EXPERIENCE IS OFTEN A RESULT OF LACK OF WISDOM.

TODAY IN HISTORY:
1788: Maryland passed an act to cede an area "not exceeding 10 miles square" for the seat of the national government; about 2/3 of the area became Washington D.C.

DAY BRIGHTENER FOR ESTHER: Yesterday Ruth Ann and I created a little happiness for Ester. Esther is my 87 year old friend who is our neighbor down the street in the mobile home court. I've known Esther since I had her two sons in class in the 1960s. Esther was the 'door greeter'at Walmart for many years and was known for her people loving ways. She was always happy, always had a smile on her face and would hug as many customers as possible. She has been retired for several years now but I continue to visit her every month as I enjoy every minute I have with her. She is simply a delight to be around and she is a wonderful example of how senior citizens should look at life.
Yesterday we enhanced Esther's day when Ruth Ann filled a container with her Christmas goodies and I delivered them. She was absolutely delighted about us taking time out of our day to think of her and bring her the goodies. We talked about 45 minutes and it was good for two big hugs - one when I came and a bigger one when I left.
It is so fun and heartwarming to create happiness for people. It is one of the things that makes life worth living.

HUMOR doe today: "He is to acting what Liberace was to pumping iron."
-- Rex Reed, on Sylvestor Stallone.

No comments:

Post a Comment