Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Taxes

Quote from Jean Sibelius: PAY NO ATTENTION TO WHAT THE CRITICS SAY. A STATUE HAS NEVER BEEN ERECTED IN HONOR OF A CRITIC.

What I learned today:

With all the sqabbling going on in our nation's capital about taxes I learned a little something about tax rates. I read this article in the newspaper, "FACT CHECK: Cutting through tax-cut rhetoric." The article made five main points but the one that struck me was this one.

CLAIM: The rich would pay 36% or more of their income in taxes under Obama's plan.
WRONG: A rich family would pay 36% - and 39.6% - only on taxable income above $232,000. The family would continue to benefit from the other four brackets established earlier this decade - 10%, 15% 25% and 28% - on taxable income below $232,000.

I found that very interesting. I thought, like most other people, that all their income was taxed at the higher rate.

Humor for today:

An elderly lady went into a restaurant for the 'seniors special'. The special was two eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast for $2.99.

She told the waitress "I want the special but I don't want the eggs."

The waitress said "Then, I'll have to charge you $3.49 because you're ordering a la carte" the waitress warned her.

"You mean I'd have to pay for not taking the eggs?" she asked.

"YES!" stated the waitress.

"I'll take the special then," said the lady.

"How do you want your eggs?" the waitress asked.

"Raw and in the shell," she replied. She took the two eggs home and made a cake...

DON'T MESS WITH SENIORS!!! They've been around the block more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment