Monday, January 24, 2011

Another "day brightener" story

QUOTE from Apolo Ohno, Olympic speed skater."Winning does not always mean coming in first...real victory is in arriving at the finish line with no regrets because you know you've gone all out."

DAY BRIGHTENER STORY. A "day brightener" for Esther. On the 19th of January my friend Esther turned 87. To help her celebrate #87 I bought her a card and took it to her house. She was so appreciative that Ruth Ann and I had thought of her. Esther and I had a great conversation. She gave me a big hug when I arrived and a bigger one when I left. She is such a delightful lady and she, in turn, brightens my day every time I visit her.

HUMOR FROM CHURCH BULLETINS:

The fasting and prayer conference includes meals.

The sermon this morning: "Jesus Walks on Water." The sermon tonight: "Searching for Jesus."

Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.

Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our community. Smile at someone who is hard to love. Say "hell" to someone who doesn't care much about you.

Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help.

No comments:

Post a Comment