Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,230. My memories of 9/11.

Today is Tuesday, September 11, 2012. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the exercise ball and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a September total of 21.0 miles. My weight was 163.8 pounds.

QUOTE from another so-called expert - this one from Gary Cooper. "Gone With the Wind" is going to be the biggest flop in the history of Hollywood. I'm just glad it'll be Clark Gable who's falling flat on his face and not Gary Cooper."

My MEMORIES of 9/11/01. On September 11, 2001 I was retired from teaching and and kept myself busy painting, both interior and exterior. That day I was painting a small barn a mile north of Anamosa. I had already painted the house and had a couple of days left on the barn. I turned on the TODAY show while eating breakfast. Then at 8:20 they interrupted the TODAY show for a special news announcent. The said a passenger plane had flown into the World Trade Center. As they were showing the smoking fiery building  another plane hit the other Trade Center. At that time the announcers decided that we were under attack. Then the Trade Centers collapsed within minutes of each other. In a few minutes they said a plane had hit the Pentagon and they showed footage of the fiery Pentagon. Then they said there was another plane that had been hijacked and it was still in the air.
They speculated that it was headed for Washington D.C. and was probably going to target the White House or the Capitol.
    At that point I took my radio along and plugged it into the electric outlet in the barn. I listened all day. At some time in the next couple of hours they reported that a plane had crashed in Pennsylvania. After another hour or so it was confirmed that it was the hijacked plane.
     These are my memories of that day. This was a day that changed the world and we're still dealing with the consequences of that day. Do the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan ring a bell?  How about  names like Osama bin Laden, al-queda, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld?  How about words and places like Abu Graib, Guantanamo, waterboarding, terrorists, terrorism, Mission Accomplished, Shiites, Sunnis, Koran, Allah, suicide bombings, and............

HUMOR for today from the HAGAR comic strip this morning.
Helga (the wife) is screaming at Hagar:  "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR PROBLEMS ARE"?

Hagar answers: I DRINK TOO MUCH.....I EAT TOO MUCH.....I FIGHT TOO MUCH.....AND I STAY OUT TOO LATE.

Helga says: "RIGHT!"

Hagar says: "IT JUST SAVES TIME THEN I LIST THEM MYSELF."

No comments:

Post a Comment