Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,334 and 35. Hawks look better.

Yesterday was Saturday, September 15, 2012. My stats were 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the exercise ball and 50 minutes of walking = 2.7 miles for a September total of 30.9 miles. My weight was 162.2.  This was a good day as the Hawks defeated UNI by a score of 27-16.

Today is Sunday, September 16, 2012. No stats today as I took the day off.  It was fun to read the Sunday Sports page with news about the Hawkeye victory.

My ACCOMPLISHMENTS  yesterday and today. I'm working for the OBA (Obama for America). I'm responsible for most of the mobile home court. So the last 2 days I've been interviewing the registered Democrats in the court and encouraging them to be sure and vote again for Obama. The response has been very positive. Only 3 people have said no and over 70 have said yes. That is encouraging. I carry with me absentee ballot request forms for any who want to vote that way. I've signed up 15 voters who want to vote by absentee ballot.
    It makes feel good to know I live in a democracy and that I have the freedom and right to go out and campaign for the candidate of my choice.

FOOD for THOUGHT. Harry Truman said: "When a leader is in the Democaratic Party he's a boss, and when he's in the Republican Party he's a leader."

No comments:

Post a Comment