Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Starting my day with a smile.

QUOTE from W.C. Fields: "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with."



It's GRATITUDE today: When looking through my quote book this morning I ran across the above quote from W.C. Fields. The quote struck me as that is what I try to do and I knew I had written about that in my Gratitude Journal from 2009. I found it in entry #84, written on March 25, 2009. That day I wrote. "I'm grateful for Pickles and Hagar." Then I explained:

Everyday at breakfast I get my day started with a couple of good laughs. I'm talking about my two favorite comics: Pickles and Hagar. Pickles is the story of the daily struggles of Earl and Opal. Earl and Opal are a retired couple who challenge each other's every move. The creator is a genius - he hits the daily life of senior citizen's right on the head. Pickles is my first laugh of the day - my second is Hagar.Hagar is known as Hagar the Horrible. He is a tough Viking and is married to a tough woman - her name is Helga. Hagar is not the epitome of an ambitious man and Helga is always on his butt for doing nothing. The only thing he does consistently is drink beer and he and Helga go round and round day after day. Hagar and his men do go and pillage Europe but when he gets home he spends way too much time in the tavern. The creator of Hagar is also a genius. I'm grateful to Earl, Opal, Helga and Hagar for letting me start off every day with a smile.

HUMOR for today: Alan, age 10, answered this question:

Q. HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHO TO MARRY?
A. You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like, if you like sports, she should like it that you like sports, and she should keep the chips and dip coming.

Kristen, age 10, answered this way: No person really decides before they grow up who they're going to marry. God decides it all way before, and you get to find out later who you're stuck with.

No comments:

Post a Comment