Saturday, March 26, 2011

Twelve Original Observations Made by Condemned Men

QUOTE from Maya Angelou: "I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights."

I LEARNED the odds for the worst NFL teams making it to the Super Bowl in 2012. Here are the answers to yesterday's quiz:

Panthers are 100/1; Bills are 80/1; Cardinals are 65/1; and the Bengals, Browns, and Redskins are all 50/1.

I don't know if I should call the following HUMOR but they are fun to read. The following are QUOTES from men condemned to die by electrocution, gas, hanging, firing squad, or lethal injection:

"At least I'll get some high-class education." Murderer John Deering, facing the firing quad, after willing his body to the U. of Utah.

"Pretty soon you're going to see a baked Appel." George Appel as he was strapped into the electric chair in 1928.

"Will this gas bother my asthma?" Luis Jose Monge, awaiting death by gassing for the murders of his wife and three kids, at Colorado State Prison in 1967.

"Warden, I'd like a little bicarb because I'm afraid I'm going to get gas in my stomach right now." Charles de la Roi, sentenced to death by gas in 1946 in California for killing a fellow inmate.

This one is my favorite. "How about this for a headline for tomorrow's paper? 'French fries!'" James French, electroculated in Oklahoma in 1966.

"Just our luck....we haven't even got a decent day for it." Frank Negran to his fellow murderer Alex Carrion as they awaited execution at Sing Sing in 1933.

In my next post I'll give six more.

No comments:

Post a Comment