Monday, March 14, 2011

Why a soccer ball is the size it is?

QUOTE from H. L. Mencken, 1880-1956: "It is inaccurate to say I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty and common decency. This make me forever inelgible for any public office."

What I LEARNED today: While reading my bathroom book (100 TERRIBLE TASTELESS LISTS) this morning I ran across this little tidbit of history. ---A.D. 850. The size of a regulation soccer ball, roughly the same as a man's head, is arrived at by design: English soldiers enjoy kicking around the head of a dead Danish bandit.

Brad, you'll have to tell Mads about this.

HUMOR for today: THE MARRIAGE PROPOSITION: Your prospects are grim if the only people who ask you to marry are your mother and father.

THE SUCCESS SECRET: Many a man owes his success to his first wife, and the second wife to his success.

COST COVENANT: Talk is cheap. Engagement rings aren't.

No blog the rest of this week. Ruth Ann and I are flying to Laughlin, Nevada tomorrow morning to win big bucks. Wish us luck. We're coming back Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment