Thursday, March 3, 2011

Today is a day for gratitude - I'm cancer free.

QUOTE from Erma Bombeck: "Never trust a doctor whose office plants have died."

Today is a day for GRATITUDE: Yesterday I went to my urologist to have a PSA check-up. It has been nearly four years since I had prostate cancer surgery in May of 2007. My PSA score at the time of surgery was 6.1. Yesterday I'm happy to announce my score was 0.0. It can't get any better than that. I was one happy guy when the nurse led me into the exam room and told me on the way, "Peter, you had another good number." So today is a day for me to be grateful. I'm grateful for modern medicine and I'm grateful for the expertise of 21st century doctors. Without them I probably wouldn't be around to write in this blog. I can happily say today, "I'm a cancer surviror."


HUMOR for today: Here are some funny thought-provokers about the differences between men and women.

NICKNAMES: If Laura, Kate, and Sarah go out for lunch, they will call each other Laura, Kate, and Sarah.
If Mike, Dave, and John go out, they will affectionately refer to each other as Fat Boy, Bubba, and Wildman.

EATING OUT: When the bill arrives, Mike, Dave, and John will each throw in $20, even though it's only $32.50. None of them will have anything smaller and none will actually admit they want change back.
When the girls get their bill, out come the pocket calculators.

MONEY: A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs.
A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't need but it's on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment