Monday, June 4, 2012

Pete Bungum's BLOG - Day 26,130 in my journey through life.

Today is Monday, June 4, 2012 - a nice day with temps pushing 80 degrees. I'm grateful for another day of "I'm HIV."

This morning I did yoga, lifted weights and walked 50 minutes = 2.7 miles for a June total of 8.3 miles. My weight went to 162.4 pounds.

I won't write much today as I'm going golfing shortly with Paul Lewison. Then I have several jobs around the house like vacuuming and cleaning the hardwood floor in the kitchen.

Yesterday, Anamosa was teaming with motorcyclists from around the midwest. The occasion was the Anamosa 63rd Annual Hill Climb a mile west of where we live. The hill is located on the south side of highway 151. It is really an economic boost for Anamosa as the restaurants, bars, gas stations and motels really rake in the dollars with a couple of thousand more people in town. I've met many of the cyclists and they are really nice people regardless of the stereotype many people have abnout them. Anamosa is the home to the National Motorcycle Museum so it is well-known by the motorcycle crowd. J &P Cycles, which owns the Museum, is the biggest marketer of after market parts and accessories for Harley-Davidson and all other brands of cycles. It has a worldwide business and employs over 200 people - the biggest  private business employer in Anamosa. So what I'm saying is that Anamosa is world famous as far as the motorcycle crowd in concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment