Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pete Bungum's BLOG - Day 26,135 in my journey through life.

Today is Saturday, June 9, 2012 - a warm day with high himidity. And I'm grateful for another day of "I'm HIV."

This morning I did yoga, the exercise ball and walked 50 minutes = 2.7 miles for a June total of 19.5 miles. My weight was at 162.0 pounds.

Well, the stress is off as far as wondering what was going to happen to brother Chuck. He died yesterday at 3:30 am and will be buried next Thursday. In many ways it is a relief becasue if he did recover he would have been a vegetable with no quality of life - plus he didn't suffer. So Thursday family and friends will celebrate his life and there is a lot to celebrate. Unfortunately, this is about the only time in recent years that the whole family gets together anymore. I know Brad and Carron will enjoy seeing all their cousins again - it has been 20 years since Carron and Brad saw some of them.

One of the things I've learned in life is that when you're down and struggling a little in life go out and "brighten someone else's day," So on my walk this morning I stopped to see Ester, my 88 year old girlfriend. She was on her deck watering flowers. She was thrilled to see me and I felt the same way. We hugged as we always do. She told me; "Pete, you are one of my favorite people on this earth - you are so nice and thoughtful to me" I told her my brother had died and she expressed her sympathy to me and Ruth Ann. Esther was just the person I needed to see today - I made her happy and she made me happy. She is so thoughtful and happy all the time. I'm fortunate to have her as a friend - she makes me feel good everytime I talk to her. Then we hugged again and I continued my walk and she went to the Farmer's Market. I "brightened Esther's day and she did the same for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment