Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pete Bungum's BLOG - Day 26,133 in my journey through life.

Today is Thursday, June 7, 2012 - another great day weather wise. I'm grateful for another day of "I'm HIV."This morning I did yoga, the exercise ball and walked 45 minutes = 2.5 miles for a June total of 15.3 miles. My weight went to 161.0 pounds.

Yesterday I wrote about my brother Chuck. Chuck is 4 1/2 years older than me. He was born in July of 1936 and I was born in November of 1940. He graduated in 1954 from Chatfield High School and I graduated in 1958. My family has seven boys and three girls. Paul was born in 1927, Betty in 1928 (died from ovarian cancer in 2007 in Phoenix, Arizona), Donald in 1931, Janice in 1933, Jim in 1934, Chuck in 1936, Pete (me) in 1940, John in 1942, Karen in 1944 (died in first day of life at St. Mary's Hospital in Rochester), and Mark in 1946.

Unfortunately Chuck is going to be the third one to die. Marlys, his wife, called at 2 PM today to tell me the ventilater has been removed and now nature will take over - no more life support to keep him alive. The doctors are giving him morphine so he can die painfree. He is getting liquids but no food. Marlys said his breathing is getting shallower - the doctors said it could be a matter of hours or a day or two. Marlys said she and the three kids, (Kirsten, Andrea, and Brett) have set next Thursday as the tentative funeral day.

 Chuck (4 years older) and John (2 years younger) were the two brothers I had the most experiences with growing up - and as adults. Chuck and I fought a lot as kids but as adults we had many good times with Chuck and Marlys and their 3 kids. I'm holding up quite well but I'm going to miss this big brother - I have so many memories of the two of us. But I knew it was coming and the family deaths  will continue to come as the ages of my brothers are 85, 81, 77, 72, 70, 66 and sister Jan is 79. When you have life you have death -but it is kind of hard to handle when it happens - and it is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment