Monday, June 18, 2012

Pete Bungum's BLOG - Days 26,143 and 26,144 in my journey through life.

Yesterday was Sunday, June 17, 2012 - day 26,143 in my journey. It was Father's Day and it was spent eating brunch at Wapsi Country Club and on the golf course at Fawn Creek Country Club. The kids and I have been playing golf on Father's Day for many years. Carron had to work so it was only Brad and me. I shot a 50 and Brad had a 49. I was doing decent until hole 7 when I simply went to pieces. Hole 7 is a 135 yard par 3  with a creek to go over at the 100 yard distance. I went in the creek on my first swing and chunked my second one, came up short of the green on my pitch and 3 putted. You figure up what the hell I got on that hole - it was a lot. Mom came out to the club for a beer and some food. Brad spent the first hour in the clubhouse watching Denmark get beat by Germany in the European soccer tournament. He's taken to soccer since moving there 22 years ago. We came home and watched the U.S. Open Golf Tournament in San Francisco.Today is Monday, June 18, 2012 - day 26,144 in my journey and it is a special day for Ruth Ann and me -  it is our 52nd wedding anniversary. On this day in 1960 the weather was perfect. It was so nice that all the brothers and sisters played softball on the upper terrace of our Chatfield house to pass the time that day. The wedding was at Root Prairie Lutheran Churh near Fountain, Minnesota with  Pastor Paul Bungum (my brother) and Pastor Gordon Carls, officiating. We spent our honeymoon night at the Deluxe Hotel in Rochester. Ruth Ann is still complaining because when we got to the hotel I told her I was hungry and needed something to eat. So we went next door to a restaurant and I ordered a hamburger, cole slaw and baked beans. For some reason she didn't think the beans were an appropriate food for our first night of marriage. As I look back I kinda think she was right but they sure tasted good anyway. We have no big plans for tonight - we're both so tired from traveling to brother Chuck's funeral, going to bed at 1-1:30 AM and not sleeping as well so we will do something special later in the week - like travel to Denmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment