Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pete Bungum's BLOG - Day 26,170 in my journey through life.

Today is Saturday, July 14, 2012. I can't say I'm HIV these days - the V  (vertical) part is still true but the healthy part is not.

After coughing all night and maybe sleeping 2-3 hours I decided to finally see my doctor. I almost went to the ER at 2 AM as I was coughing so bad and couldn't catch my breath. But I stuck it out and went to the doctor at 9 this morning. The doctor was concerned I was having a repeat of my lung problems in 2006. He thought my left lung might be getting surrounded by fluid again and I might be getting pneumonia - so he ordered an X-ray. The X-ray showed no fluid or pneumonia - that was good news.

What he did do was:
1.Gave me a shot of predisone in my left hip and a shot of levoquin (antibiotic) in my right hip.
2. Gave me 12 pills of prednisone to be taken at the rate of 2 a day for 4 days and 1 a day for 4 more days.
3. Gave me 10 pills of levoquin to be taken at 1 a day for 10 days.
4. Gave me an albuterol inhaler to be inhaled every 4 hours.

I started taking my medicines by noon and the good news is by 6 PM my cough was lessening.

I haven't felt this tough since 2006. My problem was the same then = lungs. As I look back on my life 95% of my illnesses have been colds with severe coughing and an unstoppable runny nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment