Friday, July 13, 2012

Pete's BLOG - Day 26,169 in my journey through life.

Today is Friday, July 13, 2012 - day 26,169. We finally got about an inch or less of rain.

We went to another funeral this morning. (This is my 4th funeral in six weeks.) Marion Rickels died Tuesday morning. Marion is the other grandma for Wesley and Ellyn, our two grandchildren. Grandpa Rickels died on June 14 and Grandma on July 10. It was at St. Patrick's Catholic Church and internment at the Catholic cemetary in Anamosa. She was buried beside by husband LaVern. LaVern and Marion were a split household in that he was Lutheran and she was Catholic. They made it work - the kids were raised Catholic and went to the Catholic elementary school. When they became adults they made their own religious choices - now two of the five kids have joined the Lutheran church.

I've got a terrible cold. I was coughing so bad last night I had to sleep in the guest bedroom. I'm spitting up some horrible looking stuff and my nose won't stop running and I ache all over. If not better by Monday it is time for my doctor to get in the picture. I've been holding off on the doctor visit because I have a $2,000 deductible on my supplemental insurance. I wonder if members of Congress have deductibles on their insurance.

As a result of my cold my walking routine has almost come to a halt along with my weight lifting, exercise ball and my yoga stuff. I'm wondering what it will feel like to get some energy back and feel decent again.

No comments:

Post a Comment