Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pete's BLOG - Day 26,181

Today is Wednesday, July 25, 2012, day 26,181 in my journey. It is going to be the hottest day of the year today with temps in the triple digits and no rain. Yesterday (day 26,180), my computer was on the blink again.

Healthwise I'm finally getting there - about 90-95%. Still coughing a little but it is nothing compared to last week. I got 5 more days of Levoquin, the antibiotic. I did lift weights and walk 32 minutes this morning without losing my breath. I was a little slower than normal but pushed myself to speed things up a few times. 32 minutes = 1.6 miles for a July total of 19.3 miles.

The Puritan stuff I've been writing about has led me to the Old Testament book of Leviticus. This book was written  around 1420 or 1220 B.C. The author was Moses according to "The Book" which is my source of information. "The Book" is the Bible - the world's all-time best seller. The book of Leviticus was designed to be a handbook for the priests or Levites, hence the name Leviticus. It sets down the regulations that were to govern the life of Israel in general and specifically to give regulations concerning sacrifice and worship.

I'm finding this book very interesting and a real eye opener. It is helping me understand where the right-wing christian churches are coming from in their beliefs. On the other hand it is opening my eyes on how selective these right-wingers are in what they choose to believe and what they choose to ignore.

Today, I'm going to quote the verse the right-wing christians like to use to use all the time to justify their hatred of gays, lesbians and gay marriage. That verse is chapter 18, verse 22. It reads as follows:

"Homosexuality is absolutely forbidden, for it is an enormous sin."

In the days that follow I'l quote some of the verses they choose to ignore.




No comments:

Post a Comment