Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pete's BLOG - Day 26,196. One more Leviticus law.

Today is Thursday, August 9, 2012. Still no rain.
Pete's stats for today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the exercise and 50 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for an August total of 21.2 miles. My weigth was 161.6 pounds.

I'm going to do one Leviticus thing today - these were written for the Jewish people by Moses around 1200 BC.

20:9. Anyone who curses his father or mother shall surely be put to death - for he has cursed his own flesh and blood.
(All I have to say on this one is I would've died in  1956 when I was a teenager in Chatfield, Minnesota.)

24:15,16. And tell the people of Israel that anyone who curses his God must pay the penalty: he must die. All the congregation shall stone him; this law applies to the foreigner as well as the Israelite who blasphemies the name of Jehovah. He must die.
(A couple of comments on this one. We have the Stone City Quarry near Anamosa so there would be no shortage of stone.)
(My second comment is that it is pretty evident that Moses never played golf.)

My whole objective in this Leviticus thing is to show that people pick and choose what they want from the Bible to justify their beliefs. It is a form of propaganda when "half or more of the story is left out." That is why I have lost all respect for many of the right-wing conservative christian churches in the U.S.
The sad thing for me is that many people fall hook line and sinker for this kind of propaganda.

I could do a lot more stuff from Leviticus but I've done enough to prove my point

No comments:

Post a Comment