Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,213. Anamosa and Obama's stimulus.

 Today is August 25, 2012. Mt stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on exercise ball and 38 minutes of walking = 2.0 miles for an August total of 48.7 miles. My weight was 162.0 pounds.

QUOTE from Neil deGrasse Tyson:  "I am driven by two main philosophies. Know more today than I knew yesterday, and lesson the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you." (that is my philosophy also)

What I learned yesterday from the Anamosa Newspaper. Anamosa has built a new Middle School and it will open next Monday. There was a huge controversy in Anamosa two years ago about where to build the new school.  Finally the group that wanted it built on the northeast part of town close to the High School won the argument. According to the newspaper Jim and Ellen Kennedy of Fidelity Bank and Trust stepped forward and committed to purchase $8 million of the $12 million in bonds. Their quick response, showing financing was in place, ENABLED THE ANAMOSA SCHOOL DISTRICT TO QUALIFY FOR AND GET FEDERAL STIMULUS MONEY FUNDING INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCHOOLS. That money came from the Obama Stimulus Package - it was in the vicinity of $12 million dollars.Regardless of the political campaign ads saying Obama's Stimulus Program was a waste - I guess they haven't heard about Anamosa.

HUMOR FOR TODAY:
"Doctor, please help me," says an elderly patient. "I have silent passage of gas every morning. I have silent passage of gas every afternoon, and I suffer from silent passage of gas in the evening. Sometimes I have silent passage of gas at unpredictable times - for instance, just now. Doctor, can you help me?"
"Sure, I can help you," says the doctor. "But the first thing we're going to do is get you some hearing aids."

No comments:

Post a Comment