Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,218. What I learned about golf today.

Today is Thursday, August 30, 2012 - it is going to be 97degrees today and humid. Many schools are letting out early. My stats for today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of the exercise ball and 50 minutes of walking = 2.7 miles for an August total of 58.6 miles. My weight was 162.0 pounds.

QUOTE from Harry Vardon: "Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty."

What I LEARNED today:  I learned that if I keep my head down and swing easy I can be more consistent in hitting good golf shots.
 I've been golfing for 36 years and it is finally sinking in - I guess I'm a slow learner.
 I disagree with the quote - One round a day is enough for me.

HUMOR for today: If your talking to (or listening)  to an  arrogant, ignorant loud mouth here are some putdowns to shut them up.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT MAKES YOU SO DUMB, BUT IT REALLY WORKS.

IF BRAINS WERE TAXED, YOU'D GET A REBATE.

DON'T GET LOST IN THOUGHT - IT'S UNFAMILIAR TERRITORY.

(There have been times when I would've loved to say something like the above. Last week I did tell a guy to shut his mouth when he was cussing out  President Obama.  He did.)

No comments:

Post a Comment