Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,216. Politics is in the air.

Today is Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - it is hot and humid. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the exercise ball and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for an August total of 53.9 miles. My weight was 162.0 pounds.

QUOTE from Will Rogers: "A fool and his money are soon elected."

Politics is in the air. The Republicans are holding their national convention in Tampa Bay. I like politics so my thoughts today have to do with politics.

I really liked George H.W. Bush but I never figured out why he chose Dan Quayle as his VP. To me Quayle was an idiot as this remark from him will prove - this  won him a special mention at the 1991 PLAIN ENGLISH FOOT in MOUTH AWARDS.  "We offer the Republican Party as a big tent. How do we recognize the big tent philosophy within the platform, the preamble to the platform or whatnot, that remains to be seen. But that message will have to be articulated with great clarity." That is about as clear as George W. Bush trying to explain how privatizing Social Security would be a good deal for everybody.

HUMOR for today: A guy named G.K Chesterton kind of sums up my feelings and it makes me laugh. Chesterton said: "It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged."
Another one that makes me laugh is from Henry Kissinger: "Ninety percent of the politicians give the other10 percent a bad reputation."

No comments:

Post a Comment