Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,217. More political humor.

Today is Wednesday. August 29, 2012 - another hot and humid one. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of lifting weights and 38 minutes of walking = 2.0 miles for an August total of 55.9 miles. My weight was 161.6 pounds.

QUOTE by Paul Valery: "Politics is the art of preventing people from becoming involved in affairs which concern them."

My thoughts today are still about politics. So I'll share some of the funny remarks I have found
about the topic of politics.
Ronald Reagan made a funny remark about Congress. "I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress."
Adlai Stevenson said: "A politician is a statesman who approaches every question with an open mouth."
Richard Nixon said: "Finishing second in the Olympics gets you silver. Finishing second in politics gets you oblivion."
Simon Cameron said: "An honest politician is one who when he's bought stays bought."

HUMOR for today. Hunter S. Thompson had this to say about Richard Nixon.
"For years I've regarded his very existence as a monument to all the rancid genes and broken chromosones that corrupt the possibilities of the American Dream; he was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena and the style of a poison toad."

(This made me laugh and I've concluded that Mr. Thompson did not like Richard Nixon - WHAT DO YOU THINK?)






1 comment: