Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pete BLOG-Day 26, 386. Love can make you healthier.

Today is Thursday, February 14, 2012 - Valentine's Day. No stats today as I had to go
to the hospital to have blood tests for cholestorol and PSA. I had a physical yesterday
and needed to have the blood tests for some final results. My February miles stayed at
28.0 miles. I got a clean bill of health - I was happy. My weight was 163.2 pounds.

QUOTE from Jim Doyne: "About the only kicks some folks get out of life are from
behind."

My THOUGHTS  today: Valentine's DAy has its origin in the 3rd century in the
Roman Empire. It was named after two legendary Christian martyrs whose feasts were
formerly observed on Feb. 14th.The association  of St. Valentine's Day with love and
courtship may have arisen from the coincidence of the date with the Roman festival of
Lupercalia. Lupercalia was a festival intended to ensure the fertility of people, fields,
and flocks for the new year.Young men would race around striking those they met with
goatskins and any women they struck were ensured of fertility and easy delivery of children. I'm not going to strike Ruth Ann with any goatskins today - she's not fertile anymore and definitely wouldn't want any more kids.

A lady named Kylie Helgens wrote a column last week on how love can make you
healthier. Here are her tips for good love leading to good health:
1. Give many HUGS to your loved one - it can lower blood pressure.
2. Kiss a lot - kissing will lower your blood pressure, boost the immune system and
reduce cholesterol levels. And the longer and more frequent the kisses the
more benefits you get. Each kiss should be at least 10 seconds or longer.
3. Write your loved one a love letter - spend at least 20 minutes writing the letter - it will also lower your cholesterol.
4. As a couple try something NEW and DIFFERENT - it creates a special bond and deepens relationships.

Ruth Ann and I have tried 3 of the 4 (we haven't written anything yet). They are a lot
of fun - we recommend you give them a try.

 HUMOR for today: I hope your blood pressure and cholesterol levels go down.






1 comment:

  1. I know this web site presents qualitу dependent articles and
    other matегiаl, is there anу οther ωeb pagе ωhiсh offers these
    infοгmation in quаlity?

    Alsο visit my pagе ... utility bucket truck

    ReplyDelete