Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,395. Relish each day.

Today is Saturday 23, 2013. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the
ball and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a February total of 47.0 miles. My weight was at 163.2 pounds.

QUOTE from Tim Sanders, author of Today We Are Rich: Harnessing the Power of Total Confidence. "Think of 5 things you are grateful today...Now how do you feel."

My THOUGHTS today: This morning I had my hair cut. The beautician immediately
told me that yesterday Jeff Ditch died of an aneurism. He was only 63 years of age. Jeff was not a close friend but a guy we always talked to at the Country Club. He was friendly, never said a negative word about anybody and was a hell of a golfer. I guess he had a pain going down his chest /stomach area in the morning, in the afternoon it got worse, then to the ER and finally he was airlifted by helicopter to the U. of I. hospitals in Iowa City. He was hooked up to a respirator but the doctors told the family
he was brain dead and they couldn't do anything to save him. Ruth Ann and I really liked him. His death made me think of my title today, "Relish every day." I''m sure Jeff didn't get out of bed yesterday morning saying "This is the day I die. We just never know when that day will come. That's why I say in my prayer every morning "Lord, thank you for another day of life and another day of good health. Amen."

1 comment:

  1. Hellо! I know thiѕ is kinda off topic neѵerthelеѕs I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you bе intеresteԁ in trading links or maybe guest
    authoring a blоg aгticle or vice-vеrsa?
    My webѕitе discusses a lot of the same topiсs аs yоurs аnԁ
    Ι believe we сοuld greatlу
    benefit from each οther. If уou are inteгеsted feel free to senԁ me an e-mail.
    ӏ look forward to hеaгing from you! Terrifiс blog by thе way!



    Αlso visіt mу web site; tens

    ReplyDelete