Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,400. I'M GLAD I DID IT.

Today is Thursday, February 28, 2013. We've been out of town for 3 days but did manage to get some walking in on Tuesday and Wednesday so I ended up with 55
miles for the month of February. I haven't weighed since Monday.

QUOTE from Jim Doyne: "" A sharp tongue and a dull mind are usually found in the same head."

My THOUGHTS TODAY: A couple weeks ago I had a quote from Norman Vincent Peale about his New Year's Resolution in 1988. It was only 2 words long but his resolution was if you are hesitating to do something just "DO IT" anyway - you'll feel better about yourself if you do. This morning I attended a meeting at church with my
colleagues on the visitation team. Before I went to the meeting I thought to myself that this was my time to "DO IT."
What I'm talking about is this: Early in 2012 I wrote a 14 page manual entitled QUESTIONS GRANDPA AND GRANDMA SHOULD ANSWER BEFORE IT'S
TOO LATE. I ran off 20 copies in January and had done nothing with them except for one elderly lady I had visited. So this morning I decided I'm going to see if something like this would be interest to any of my colleagues. I thought to myself, "Pete, just DO
IT. "I asked the ladies in charge if I could have a few minutes - I took the time to
explain what I had done. I told them my goal was to make a simple manual that older
folks could follow when writing the story of their life. The response was unanimous and all 7 of my colleagues took one and they all thanked me several times. 
Yes, I'm glad I DID IT and I'm really anxious to see how many of the 7 actually write their life story. I'll report in later with any feedback I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment