Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,393. Ruffling GOP feathers.

Today is Thursday, February 21, 2013 - a 5-7 inch snow is coming this PM. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes on the exercise ball and 45 minutes of walking = 2.5 miles for a February total of 42.5 miles. My weight was 162.8 pounds.

QUOTE from Jim Carrey: "I think everybody should get rich and famous and do
everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it's not the answer."

My THOUGHTS today have to do with a letter written to our local newspaper on February 7 . It was a letter from a lady disagreeing (with anger) about a letter
I had written on January 17 expressing my gratitude that Obama got elected to
a second term. So I'm writing another letter challenging some of her allegations about me and my reasons for being happy that Obama won.
One of her most outrageous lies was this: I had said in my January 17 letter I was grateful there was no more war in Iraq. She responded in her letter that there were 2,177 U.S. deaths in Iraq since the beginning of the war and 1,544 (three-fourths) were under Obama. In my new letter I'm writing that there were 4486 deaths in Iraq and not 2177. Government figures reveal that the number of deaths in Iraq during Obama's watch were: 149 in 2009, 60 in 2010, 54 in 2011 and 1 in 2012. I said if my arithmetric is correct Obama had 264 deaths under his watch and Bush had 4,222 under his - quite a difference from what the lady said. It will be interesting to see if she challenges those figures.
She also attacked me on the issues of Obamacare, unemployment (she said we have 88 million out of work), the national debt (it was all Obama's fault, of course), food stamps, North Korea plus many other things.
Why is there so much hate for Obama from the right-wingers? Much of it is racial but another reason is that the right never thinks they are responsible for anything. And yet they create many of the problems we face today.In my opinion another reason is that Obama has made some changes and change is hard for many people. I'm reminded of a quote from Woodrow Wilson: "If you want to make enemies, just try to change something."
I know one thing - I definitely ruffled some GOP feathers. One guy told me my
letter was the topic of conversation at his Saturday morning coffee. I love to ruffle GOP feathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment