Friday, February 1, 2013

Pete's BLOG-Day 26,373. Grassley - I'm waiting.

grassleyToday is Friday, February 1, 2012. It is bitter cold today - below zero as I write this at 11:15 AM. My stats today: 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of lifting weights and 49 minutes of walking = 2.7 miles for a February total of 2.7 miles. My weight was 163.2 pounds.

QUOTE today from author Nora Roberts: "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always NO. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place."

My THOUGHTS today:  Yesterday I called Senator Grassley's office in Washington, D.C. I talked to a receptionist - she was a nice young lady.  I told her I had a message for the Senator. My message was I would like to see him vote in favor af a BAN on military assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines. She said she would deliver my message and then asked if I wanted a response. I said "YES". So she took down my name, address, and phone number and said I would be hearing from the Senator. I doubt if I will get a personal letter or call - his response will most likely be in the email letter he sends out every couple weeks. If I get a personal one I will record it in this BLOG. (I don't think he will support a BAN - he doesn't want to upset his Tea Party supporters or the NRA.)

HUMOR for today: Kentucky Senator Mitch McConnell's wife said to him; "Let's go jogging together."
Mitch: "How come?."
Wife: "Because my doctor told me I could lose weight by working out with a dumb bell."

No comments:

Post a Comment